Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Our first Book Exchange, May 6th 2013



We had our first book exchange tonight. I got the idea from a few different combinations of thoughts:

1. I discovered a monthly subscription box called The Little Book Exchange which is a Box Subscription that comes once a month that contains three new books. I figured there has to be a way to bring new books into our reading library for free! 

2. I've heard of adult book exchanges and thought the same idea could apply to children and toddlers

3. The boys were getting bored with the books we had here, haha!




Things went pretty smoothly except my children were a bit wound up tonight! I envisioned all the kids in their PJ's having a bedtime snack and me reading to them. All of that did happen except my kids were everywhere but the story time circle, haha!!! I do have to say though- it did seem like the guests had a good time and enjoyed the stories we read :o) That made me happy!  I loved reading to the kids- that was my favorite part!









Sawyer JUMPING off the couch probably LUNGING towards something during story time :o) He was really rambunctious! 

We enjoyed Popcorn & Chocolate Milk

Poor Ms Nicole! Children flock to her because she's so sweet to them!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! It also teaches sharing! The parent and preschool teacher in me loves this and can't wait to do it!

    ReplyDelete